Breast Cancer Treatment Program
The Magee-Womens Breast Cancer Program of UPMC CancerCenter provides state-of-the-art treatments and therapies for men and women with breast cancers, throughout all phases of their disease.
Based at Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC, our Breast Cancer Program:
- Offers the latest advances in the prevention, detection, diagnosis, and treatment of breast cancers
- Incorporates cutting-edge surgical techniques and therapies with the latest clinical trials
- Tailors treatment regimens to each patient, based on the type and stage of the breast cancer
- Includes a multidisciplinary team of medical, surgical, and radiation oncologists; research and behavioral scientists; and clinical staff — all committed to providing patients with the most comprehensive breast cancer care available
Breast Cancer Treatment Strategies
This video provides more information about breast cancer and how it is treated.
The management of breast cancer includes a variety of techniques.
UPMC CancerCenter's interdisciplinary oncologists — specializing in breast cancers — offer a full range of treatments, including:
Deciding on the best treatment options for each patient depends on factors such as:
- The size, type, and stage of breast cancer
- Hormone receptor status
- Spread of disease
- Prognostic factors
- Patient's choice
Diagnostic and Screening Services for Breast Cancer
UPMC CancerCenter offers a variety of tests and procedures to diagnose and screen for breast cancer, including:
This video provides more information about tests and procedures for diagnosing breast cancer.
- Biopsy, minimally invasive breast biopsy, or sentinel node biopsy
- Computer aided detection (CAD)
- Digital mammography
- Estrogen and progesterone receptor tests
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
Learn more about diagnostic and screening services at Magee-Womens Breast Program.
High-Risk Breast Service
The High-Risk Breast Service combines the latest medical and scientific knowledge with the most advanced surveillance and diagnostic methods.
This service provides women concerned about breast cancer with:
- A risk assessment
- A clinical breast exam
- Screening and genetic tests
- Prevention strategies and education about breast cancer risk
- Management recommendations
To schedule an appointment or for more information, call 412-623-3425.
Learn more about the High-Risk Breast Service.
More Information About Breast Cancer Care at UPMC
To learn more about breast cancers and treatments, see: