Head, Neck, and Throat Cancer Resources
A cancer diagnosis can be daunting.
Many people find that learning more about the disease and connecting with others who have head or neck cancer helps.
Your doctor and entire care team at UPMC CancerCenter will do their best to relieve any anxiety you may have. They'll keep you informed about your head or neck cancer treatment and answer your questions.
You can also visit the Gumberg Family Resource Center at Hillman Cancer Center.
The center offers free education resources and info on:
- Certain types of cancer.
- Cancer treatments.
- Supportive care services.
All UPMC CancerCenter patients and their families, friends, and caregivers are welcome at the center.
Head and Neck Cancer Support Groups
UPMC CancerCenter sponsors patient and family support groups and provides access to national cancer support organizations.
The Cancer Support Groups Database includes cancer-related support groups in western Pennsylvania and surrounding regions.
We've made every effort to ensure the accuracy of this data. But, please note: UPMC and UPMC CancerCenter do not assume any risk for your use of this database.
Links to Head and Neck Cancer Resources
The following resources are for informational and educational purposes only.
- ACOR.org connects cancer patients and families with more than 37,000 others for online discussions and support.
- Headway (PDF) newsletter from UPMC CancerCenter and the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute shares advances in preventing, detecting, and treating head and neck cancers.
- Kids Konnected provides friendship, education, and support to children who have a parent with cancer.
- MEDLINEPlus — Head and Neck Cancer offers consumer health info from the National Library of Medicine. It includes content on head and neck cancer symptoms, diagnosis, prevention, and screenings.
- Mouth Cancer Foundation provides free info on mouth cancers for patients, caregivers, and health professionals. It also offers an online support group for people with mouth cancer.
- National Cancer Institute — Head and Neck Cancer offers info for patients, the public, and health care professionals. It includes content on head and neck cancer treatment, screening, prevention, supportive care, genetics, and clinical trials.
- Oral Cancer Foundation offers info, events, and support for people who have oral cancer.
- SPOHNC Newsletter helps to increase awareness of the many issues related to oral and head and neck cancer. It also offers support and encouragement for cancer survivors and their loved ones.
Contact Us About Head and Neck Cancer
If you have questions or want to learn more, contact the head and neck cancer care team at UPMC CancerCenter at 412-647-2811.