Welcome to the Online Volunteer Orientation
This orientation is to be completed after your interview and prior to starting your volunteer assignment.
You will be required to print certain documents to verify that you have completed this process. If you do not have access to a printer, computers and printers are available in the Gumberg Family Resource Center (8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) located on the ground floor of Hillman Cancer Center.
Please follow the steps below to complete the on-line process:
- Review the Volunteer Orientation Presentation (PDF).
- Review the HIPAA Manual (PDF).
- Review the Bloodborne Pathogens Education (PDF).
- Print, complete, and return the following documents to the Volunteer and Community Services office (by appointment only)
- For Patient and Family Volunteers:
- Please view the Patient and Family Training Video
- Volunteers who will be in a laboratory:
- Visit the University of Pittsburgh Environmental Health and Safety website.
- Look under "Schedules" and click on EH&S Training Schedule (PDF).
- Choose a date for the Chemical Hygiene / Formaldehyde training session.
- Email Denise DiTommaso at firstname.lastname@example.org to register. The training takes place in Oakland.
Once you have completed the Online Volunteer Orientation, please email Denise DiTommaso at email@example.com to discuss your next step in the process. Thank you!