UPMC CancerCenter at UPMC McKeesport
UPMC CancerCenter, partner with University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute (UPCI), has partnered with community-based hospitals throughout the region to develop one of the largest integrated community networks of cancer physicians and health care specialists in the country.
UPMC CancerCenter at UPMC McKeesport allows patients to receive the highest level of cancer care without having to leave their communities.
The Radiation Oncology Program of UPMC CancerCenter is accredited by the American College of Radiation Oncology (ACRO). As the largest ACRO accredited system in the United States, the Radiation Oncology Program is committed to the highest quality in radiation oncology care.
1500 Fifth Avenue
Mansfield Building, D Level
McKeesport, PA 15132
Kevin Kane, MD
Susan Rakfal, MD, FACRO
Ghulam Abbas, MD
Daniel A. Wecht, MD, MSc
- Available Specialties
- Treatment Services
- Biological therapy administration (BRMT)
- Radiation therapy administration
Intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
Brachytherapy (HDR / LDR)
Prostate seed implantation
Total body irridation (TBI)
- Cancer Care Services
Cancer risk assessment
Clinical trial screening and enrollment
Financial / insurance counseling
Hospice / home care
Physical and occupational therapy
Symptom / side effects management
Support groups / psychosocial counseling
- Special Programs
- Neighborhood Cancer Care Cooperative, a program sponsored by the Cancer Disparities Research Partnership of the National Cancer Institute:
- Provides outreach, education and services for under-served groups
- Patient Navigator to assist patients in navigating the complex health system and work with the patients to overcome barriers to health care.
- For more information call 412-664-2579.
Appointments and office hours
Our office is open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Weekends and after hours by appointment only.
Appointments can be made by calling (412) 664-2607 and can be coordinated through a family physician or PCP, or through another specialist. This enables us to obtain records needed to make a patient’s appointment and to have treatment options available at the time of visit.
Return to top of page