Mario Lemieux Center for Blood Cancers
The Mario Lemieux Center for Blood Cancers provides outpatient treatments for leukemia, lymphoma, and multiple myeloma — the most common types of blood cancers — and various other types of blood cancers and disorders. The patient-friendly center, open Monday through Friday, 12 hours a day, offers the latest stem cell therapies, clinical trials, and blood cancer treatments.
Many blood cancer treatments and treatment centers require longer patient stays and time away from home and family. The Mario Lemieux Center for Blood Cancers addresses obstacles like these, making its mission to improve patient care for leukemia, lymphoma, and multiple myeloma—the most common types of blood cancers—and various other types of blood cancers and disorders.
As part of the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute (UPCI) and UPMC CancerCenter, the 24,000-square-foot outpatient treatment facility creates a more comfortable experience — for patients and families — during treatments.
Convenient Access to Cutting-Edge Blood Cancer Treatment
Located on the fourth floor of the Hillman Cancer Center in Pittsburgh’s Shadyside neighborhood — and open Monday through Friday, 12 hours a day — the Lemieux Center:
Other unique features of the Mario Lemieux Center for Blood Cancers include:
- Entertainment during your visit.
- Comfort and privacy during your visit.
Research and Technology Offers Hope for People with Blood Cancer
Dedicated to delivering more effective, safe, efficient, and individualized care, the Mario Lemieux Center for Blood Cancers:
- Brings the groundbreaking research of the UPCI into a patient-friendly facility in the hopes of getting closer to a cure for blood cancers.
- Incorporates the latest information management technologies essential for personalized medicine.
- Helps reduce length of hospital stays for blood cancer patients, which can help lower health care costs.
Funding for the center comes from:
- The Hillman Foundation
- Henry L. Hillman Foundation
- The Mario Lemieux Foundation
Schedule an Appointment at UPMC CancerCenter
There are two ways to schedule an appointment at UPMC CancerCenter:
- Fill out the UPMC Request an Appointment Form online.
- Call 412-647-2811.
If you have an immediate medical need, please call 911 or go to an emergency room for treatment.