How To Use the Find a Doctor Section
Option 1: Search by ZIP Code
- Enter your ZIP code (the default is Shadyside - 15232)
- Choose a 'cancer type' from the list.
(If you don't choose a type, doctors treating all cancer types will be shown. However, you will only see the UPMC Cancer Centers locations - other offices with UPMC Cancer Centers physicians will be excluded)
- Click the 'search' button
You will see the three locations nearest to the center of the ZIP code on the map, which will appear below the search box.
- - You can zoom in on the map by double-clicking or using the buttons in the upper left corner. You can also scroll the map by holding the mouse button in the map area, and moving the mouse away from the area
- - If you click on a pin on the map, a bubble will appear with more information about that location
- - To see directions to the location, enter the address that you'll be leaving from in the bottom input area. The directions will display beneath the map
- - Clicking the location name at the top of the bubble will show the doctors treating the selected cancer type at that location
You can also see the centers (with the distance from the ZIP code) below the map, in the 'CENTERS' section. Clicking a center's name will focus the map to its location, and display the doctors who see patients there.
Option 2: Search by Physician's Last Name
Type the physician's last name in the box.
The system will search the physician database for names which match a physician name. It will return the doctor's full name, location, phone number for that location, link to photo/bio, and a link to place an appointment request. If a partial name is entered, all names which match those letters will be returned; for instance, a search for "vol" will return both Dr. Volkin and Dr. Voloshin.
Option 3: Search by Location
Each location can be selected from the drop down menu.
Each location will open a new panel with the center's information, and a link to in-depth information about that location. The panel will also show the information for each doctor at that location.